Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TG-XL Firmware Version

Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

This week, 11/8, I received my Tuner Genius.

The "as received" firmware was v1.1.6.

From the Flex Downloads site, the utility says, v1.1.1

From the 403A Downloads site, the utility says, v1.1.6

I left the TG-XL firmware at v1.1.6, but used the v1.1.6 utility from the 403A download.

All good.

Flex Radio Question: are your downloads not using the correct TG-XL utility version?

Alan. WA9WUD

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Hi All

You are good with 1.1.6 and we are just getting our web site updated so they match.

Answers

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

I found v1.1.6 on the 403A website and loaded it. Works fine although it did erase my previously stored TG-XL memories, but not a big deal as I quickly restored them. v1.1.6 is working fine. So far I haven't noticed any difference between v1.1.1 and v1.1.6.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Yes, going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.6 will clear the settings and memories from the tuner. You will need to reconfigure the tuner.

I suggest reading the release notes when Flex updates the utility on their site.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭

I had to send my TGXL back to Flex for some work. When I got it back, they had installed 1.1.6 firmware (it originally had 1.1.1). I can't get the tuner to auto tune 12 meters on my beam anymore. It tuned it fine on 1.1.1. I was able to manually tune 12 meters but the auto tune won't bring it below 3 to 1. If your 1.1.1 firmware is working, I wouldn't upgrade to 1.1.6.

Burch

K4QXX

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I have created a support ticket for you.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭

I put in a ticket back on September 7th on this. Tim got back to me same day and asked that I send an email to 4O3A and he sent me a link. This was two months ago and still haven’t heard back from 4O3A. I am communicating with Dan now on this issue. Might just be me having the issue.

Not a big deal. I am able to tune manually but when I was on 1.1.1 the TGXL would tune my HF beam on 12 and 17. Now it won’t and I have to manually tune on 1.1.6. It’s like it gives up to quickly before it finds a match. Luckily I had taken screen shots of the tuner settings for 12 and 17 before the firmware update.

Burch

K4QXX

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Not sure if this helps or not... Recently I had my PGXL, yes the AMP, but let me explain what I experienced when I got it back from service..... While the amp was in service they updated the firmware to the latest 2.6.21.1.. When I powered up the unit and made sure all the test setting were changed to my working conditions, the amp would not work.... After numerous attempts I sat back and thought... "wait a minute"... Flex update the PA with new firmware. I did nothing to my PGXL Utility on my computer. I went out to the Flex Site and downloaded the updated PGXL Utility..... BINGO! After setting all the information and "checking the enabled" box All started to work correctly.

Now I read that Flex did an Firmware Update to you TGXL and I am wondering "IF" the similar thing has to be done to the TGXL Utility. I guess the only Updated Utility is available from 403A at this time.... Maybe you can get it from 403A and see what effect that has on your situation.... Just a thought!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.