Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Virtual port

Options

Good morning,

I have a question about adding virtual ports in CAT. I added ports to connect Flex-6700 with logging programs. Port pairs appeared in WIN10 device manager. Is this correct and this is how CAT works?

Slawomir

Comments

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, the port pairs are correct, the smaller number is what you're normally used to seeing the complement port is used internally. They just need to be there.

Something I have learned the hard way. Cat naturally takes the next open port. This meant like port 5, port 6 and right up. But much of other types of software you might utilize on your computer doesn't have the ability to select a port higher than maybe 6 or 8. Old software only the original 4 ports. So I now start my ports at 11, and leave everything below available for software with numbering limitations. It just required me to select the numbering scheme I desired to use. Good luck with everything. Erika DD

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options
  • Deans
    Deans Member
    Options
    Excellent video and quick review of CAT and DAX. Thanks Mike! Now I'll go back again and read the chapter on that subject.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.