Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB cable problem

Hi All,

yesterday I got the LL tuner connected to the controller. The controller is connected to the Flex-6700 with a USB-RS232 cable. After configuring the USB cable in SmartSDR, the controller should read the Flex frequency in order to switch the memories of individual band segments. Yesterday it worked for a short time, but after restarting the computer I can not restore proper operation. There are 3 types of trx in the controller menu. Icom, Kenwood, and Yaesu. It is also possible to choose the address of the radio. But I don't know what address to choose for Flex. The speed is 9.6 as for the USB cable. The controller should work after CAT. I do not know if it is enough to configure the USB cable as CAT or do I need to add another port in CAT? Maybe the problem is the USB-RS 232 converter? I changed 3 and it still doesn't work. I am asking for help in solving my problem.

Regards,

Slavomir

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Slawomir

Can you explain a bit more of the hardware you are using please. I can't quite understand your setup. Also, rebooting your computer will not make any difference to the commands being sent by the radio USB / RS232 port to the tuner.

The radio outputs Kenwood RS232 at your defined baud radio. It is an outbound message only, you can't send commands to the radio.

If you look at SmartSDR you can see the commands being sent via the LOG view.

I'll need more detailed information to help you further.

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭

Hi, I solved the problem. The tuner works fine. It tracks the frequency from the radio and sets the roller inductor and capacitor to the saved parameters for the memorized band slices.

Thank you for your help.

Slawomir

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Excellent. Can you share what the fix was?

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭

Hi,

I'm sorry for not answering for so long. I had to replace the USB-RS232 interface. Not all of them work properly.

Slav.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.