Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Somewhat regular disconnects

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I love the Antenna Genius and cannot wait for the TGXL to arrive.

But I have noticed that sometimes in the middle of operating my Antenna Genius suddenly decides to disconnect the antenna.

I had a rather difficult FT8 QSO going on and I got up to get something to drink and came back to see no signals on the pan. Retries had timed out. I had to tell the antenna genius to reconnect the desired antenna to the PGXL.

This has happened now a few times and it makes me wonder when it disconnects what my PGXL is doing to things at perhaps 1kw into a disconnected antenna switch. I know it can protect itself just fine from high SWR but I wonder about the AG switch itself.

Anyone else see these "in the middle of operation" disconnects?

I won't rule out my software and how it could be sending a command to the AG. But I highly doubt it. It can only send such a command on a button press. IE there is no timer or anything and I'm not seeing and RFI in the computer or anywhere else.

It is kind of puzzling.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Mark

I created a ticket for this. Can you please update the ticket with the radio you are using, the version of SmartSDR and the firmware version you have loaded on the TGXL.

thanks

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Actually, I made a mistake on this. As this is an Antenna Genius and can you follow up with 403A on this please.

thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.