Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL possible switching issue

Posting this right now to inquire if others have seen the same issue. I have not been able to duplicate it but it has happened at least a half dozen times over the past couple months. Once I can duplicate it and narrow down the path then I will submit a help ticket in needed.

When switching bands the TGXL application indicates it has the right frequency, correctly on Standby or Operate and indicates the right antenna is selected but it really is not. I can immediately tell because there are no signals showing on the panadapter and the band noise level is much lower than normal band noise.

I have seen this most often when switching from 40M to 20M. I use a 80M doublet antenna on Ant 1 for 40M with the tuner engaged and a memorized tuner solution for lowest SWR and on 20M I use Ant 2 with a Hexbeam that has the tuner bypassed.

I am using a Flex 6500 with the TGXL 3x1 tuner. I recently saw this happen this morning with switching from 7138 to 14207 using recently stored values in FRStacks. I do not clearly remember but I believe I have also seen this same strange behavior when switch directly within SmartSDR. The issue was easily corrected by manually changing the TGXL from one Ant to another on the application.

John K3MA

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi John

I have created a support ticket for this for you.

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike. I guess there is no harm but I was going to wait until I tried to reproduce the issue and/or eliminate some of the technical items my background indicates could have an impact.

John K3MA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.