Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Being able to transmit using Slice B with N1MM

Good Morning,

I have N1MM setup for SO2R according to the Flexradio N1MM and 6700 Setup Guidelines.

I have a 6400M and I currently have Slice A on 20 Meters and Slice B on 40 Meters. I have no problem with being able to transmit on Slice A. I even have a Com Port setup for Slice A. But do not have a Com Port setup for Slice B. But the question is, if I take off Slice A transmit and activate Slice B for transmit, and then use the second entry screen on N1MM the radio transmits on Slice A, and I don't want that. Entry screen 1 is for Slice A and Entry screen 2 is for Slice B. What am I doing wrong?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Comments

• I was able to find out why I couldn't switch to Slice B within N1MM. Well, here is the way you do it for those who do not know.

1. You can hit the pause button on the computer and that will change Slices for you. But we forewarned, It may take a anywhere from 3 to 5 seconds for this to happen. Why the latency, I do not understand.
    2. Once you do that, Slice B will now be active. You can get into EW2 and go to settings, Ports, Digital, and activate the DI Window.
    3. DI Window #2 will come on the screen and you will now be able to decode both Slices at the same time. Thanks to Rich on the N1MM Groups Blog for helping me out with this.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Mark Griffin

It sounds like you have not completed your SO2R setup with N1MM.

• you need to create a CAT port for Slice B as it like a 2nd radio
    • You have to then create a second radio (Radio 2) in N1MM to reference the above slice

You will have to follow all steps and follow this document to make it work correctly otherwise you will be fighting an uphill battle.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.