SmartSDR v3.4.21 and the SmartSDR v3.4.21 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.1 and the SmartSDR v2.8.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.7.28 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.7.28
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.16 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.16
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
Being able to transmit using Slice B with N1MM
I have N1MM setup for SO2R according to the Flexradio N1MM and 6700 Setup Guidelines.
I have a 6400M and I currently have Slice A on 20 Meters and Slice B on 40 Meters. I have no problem with being able to transmit on Slice A. I even have a Com Port setup for Slice A. But do not have a Com Port setup for Slice B. But the question is, if I take off Slice A transmit and activate Slice B for transmit, and then use the second entry screen on N1MM the radio transmits on Slice A, and I don't want that. Entry screen 1 is for Slice A and Entry screen 2 is for Slice B. What am I doing wrong?
Mark Griffin, KB3Z
I was able to find out why I couldn't switch to Slice B within N1MM. Well, here is the way you do it for those who do not know.
- You can hit the pause button on the computer and that will change Slices for you. But we forewarned, It may take a anywhere from 3 to 5 seconds for this to happen. Why the latency, I do not understand.
- Once you do that, Slice B will now be active. You can get into EW2 and go to settings, Ports, Digital, and activate the DI Window.
- DI Window #2 will come on the screen and you will now be able to decode both Slices at the same time. Thanks to Rich on the N1MM Groups Blog for helping me out with this.
Mark Griffin, KB3Z0
It sounds like you have not completed your SO2R setup with N1MM.
- you need to create a CAT port for Slice B as it like a 2nd radio
- You have to then create a second radio (Radio 2) in N1MM to reference the above slice
You will have to follow all steps and follow this document to make it work correctly otherwise you will be fighting an uphill battle.0
Leave a Comment
- 19.8K All Categories
- 177 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 364 The Flea Market
- 6.6K Software
- 5.6K SmartSDR for Windows
- 107 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 269 SmartSDR for Mac
- 210 SmartSDR for iOS
- 200 SmartSDR CAT
- 136 DAX
- 330 SmartSDR API
- 8.1K Radios and Accessories
- 6.6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 673 Maestro
- 35 FlexControl
- 803 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 548 Genius Products
- 312 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 199 Tuner Genius XL
- 37 Antenna Genius
- 159 Shack Infrastructure
- 104 Networking
- 276 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 108 Contesting
- 417 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 103 Amateur Radio Interests
- 694 Third-Party Software