Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

use 6400M remote for SSB

Hello, I want to work remote SSB with SmartSDR for Windows. There is no SSB TX signal coming out. Mike is o.k., I tested it with voice recording on my Laptop. CW and Digi Mode works without problems. On the Home side there is a 6400M controlled via SmartSDR on my Laptop. What did I forget, or is there no pssibility to generate SSB with SmartSDR?

Thank You - DK6OR, Detlef

Best Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

@Detlef

It can be so many things and we need more information

• I assume SmartLink is ok and connected
    • What MIC input are you using? It must be the Windows default - it sounds like it is
    • Is it the same laptop you are using at home?
    • Yes, SSB works perfectly remote.

This video might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEctXuWBHME

• MarkS
    MarkS Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I've gotten "fooled" by having DAX inadvertently "enabled" which takes over the audio path. After I'm done working digital modes, I have to remember to turn DAX off so the PC microphone has the path.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Using laptop remote

Select PC audio in upper right.

Make sure mic and speakers in Windows are properly selected.

Under Windows Privacy make sure to allow apps to access microphone

Set DAX TX in side panel to disabled (unselected).

Those are starting points.

Dave wo2x

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

One glitch may be that SSDR is not allowed to use your MIC !!!!

This can be set in Win 10

Harald

DL9NDW

• Detlef
    Detlef Member ✭✭
    Thanks to all for giving good hints to solve my problem in transmitiing SSB.
    I made some failures. I noticed that I could not choose Mike: PC because it slipped back to MIC. Reason was the selected Default Profile for the Mike. After choosing Default FHM-1, I was able to choose PC. I adjusted Mike Gain to 70 and switched all DAX selections of. Processor was set to DX. Now a clear signal was produced and also confirmed by 2 EU Stations on 40m Band.
    All could be so easy with a better knowledge of how it works. HI.
    Thanks again. Detlef - DK6OR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.