Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 ATU not tuning

The ATU in my 6600 has stopped tuning on all bands.

I am testing with a 50 ohm dummy load connected directly to Ant 1 ( or ant 2 with the same result), it goes through its tuning cycle then finishes, I check the swr and it still shows over 3. It is not tuning correctly on any band.

What is the problem and importantly is it fixable, without having to send the 6600 back to Flex, which in these Covid days is difficult.

Comments and ideas please

Thanks

Ross ZL1WN

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

If you turn the ATU off, is the SWR showing 1:1 on the dummy load?

• Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭

Hello Neil,

With the ATU on bypass , the swr is till over 3.

Regards

Ross ZL1WN

ps: the dummy load is ok, using an Ohmmeter it measures 50watts.

Also checking the dummy load, loading into my 15m 6dxx which has an SWR of 1.2 or less , the 6600 still shows over 3, which proves the dummy load is ok.

My 6600M works perfectly into the antennas. It's ATU is ok, I run it on BYP all the time. All my antennas have a low SWR.

• Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭

I have also tried complete reset of the 6600 a couple of times.

No Change still high swr.

Ross ZL1WN

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Ross

Sorry to hear this. Please open a support ticket after you do a complete radio reset and make sure the problem is still there. Hopefully, this can be resolved remotely.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Support

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.