Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Turning on DAX and operating JTDX

Options

Good Morning,

I have activated DAX by double clicking the DAX Icon. I do not have SmartSDR open. I see 2 RX Streams. Yet it seems that neither one is active. I push the #1 and it doesn't turn green to say it is active. And of course it is the same for #2. How do I make these active so I can have the receive audio coming into JTDX for FT8? My radio is the Flex 6400M

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark Griffin KB3Z

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Mark

It is outlined in this video at this point. You may have missed it. This covers both the Maestro and all M models.

If you look at the etchings on the display, you will see it says TX MENU under the knob.

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options

Since you are running DAX without SSDR on your PC, you will be connecting your instance of DAX to your "M" front end GUI. Be sure to turn on DAX on your 6400M front panel - Rx is reached by clicking on the frequency of the slice of interest, Tx DAX by clicking on the Tx Pwr. Set the correct DAX channel for receive, and enable Tx DAX.

Then on DAX on your PC choose the channel for the slice you are using, and turn on Tx DAX. You don't mention CAT, you will also need to set up either Flex or legacy serial CAT connections there.

[Edited to correct an extra word.]

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options

Ted,

That did the trick. Thanks so much for helping me. But now comes the question, of how do I set up the Transmit function using DAX? I see the TRX Stream above the RX Streams. That is currently the color yellow. And if I click on it, it turns gray. Is that something that I turn on via the front panel? By the way, CAT I didn't have any problems with. I setup N1MM yesterday and was able to add what I needed to get both slices to work with N1MM.

Mark KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Options

Ok guys, I am even more confused.

I watched Mikes video on CAT and DAX. I added a PTT CAT and mine is COM Port 8,

So I went into JTDX and Set the Transmit to COM PORT 8. And the setting was RTS. I hit the CAT button and it turned green. I hit the PTT and the transmitter keyed.

I went into audio and I set the receive audio to DAX RX #1 and I also set the transmit to DAX TX.

But for some reason the DAX TX is not working. The DAX TX is still gray and when I push it, it turns yellow and tells me it is now off. But when I try to transmit on FT8 with JTDX I am not getting any output whatsoever.

There's something about this DAX function that I am not understanding. Can anyone help me to solve this issue. Please Help!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Options

OK guys,

I now have the problem solved. I was told by a friend that I needed to push in the Power Button on the front of my 6400M. Under the words MON you will see ATU MEM, DAX and +ACC. I highlighted the DAX and got out of that menu. I then brought up DAX and pushed the TX button and it turned Blue and it said Streaming.

This is something that needs to be added to the Flexradio videos. Because if I would have know that, I wouldn't have had to ask all the questions on Flex Community. I was finally able to make a contact on FT8, so JTDX is working just fine. When It transmits I do not hear anything but I am getting power output. Whether I have to turn on a monitor function or something I'm not sure.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.