Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR Cat Display

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭

I am running SmartSDR 2.7.6. According to Device Manager - see attached - I had created Flex serial ports 6, 7 and 8 which also created ports 106, 107 and 108, however, I am only able to see COM8 in the Flex CAT display- see attached. My question is how do I get to see COM6 and 7 in SmartSDR CAT display?

Don - kx9q

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

You may have some hidden com that you need to remove.

This should help https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200883925?mobile_site=true

I think you will find some hidden devices. If not, let us know.

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

Hi Mike

I run a script that does exactly what was in the article and I also make sure to check "show hidden devices"

All the com ports under "Ports" are valid including the one hidden device (com9). I was able to remove com6 and 7 and com 106 and 107. It took 3 or 4 tries last night. Now I have these other com ports under "Other Devices" which I am not sure where they came from. Does "FabulaTech" ports mean anything to you? I am not sure what software creates those ports. I know where the "Eltima" ports com from and I use some of those ports with the flex 1500 and Ten-tech and I believe I created those ports with VSP.

Don - kx9q

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

I should add that I can delete those 4 ports, however, they come right back after a reboot or when I do a scan for new devices in device manager.

Don - kx9q

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

It might be time to open a support ticket. Tim and Ken have some better experience with issues such as these. I just do the easy part! :)

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Mike. I submitted a support ticket. It also turns out the FabulaTech is associated with Flex.

Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.