Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6400 With Amplifier

Options

Hello

I'm stuck again. And smartsdr is no help. I want the radio to key up an external amplifier. All of the TX1 TX2 TX3 TX4 cannot be programmed to be usable. Smart SDR doesn't address the 6400. The radio settings TX tab does not show Enable or Disable. The 6400 does have band settings and many options that can be checked or unchecked. Nothing seems to change the TX1 to always key up the amplifier. The profile for my radio TX is default.

Any thoughts? There is a PTT output on pin 11 of the accessory jack. I'm going down rabbit holes again

Fred

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Fred

In case you are not aware, there is a sequencer in your radio and you can configure it with SmartSDR as well. You can set it up to handle up to 3 devices and also totally delay the RF out by as long as you like.

Answers

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭
    Options

DISREGARD

Thanks for looking. Apparently there was a error in the "polarity" of my PTT system and the Flex radio.

I reversed the leads from my PTT system and everything is lovely. The Flex 6400 now keys up my system to transmit whether I am using an amplifier or not. I use a sequencer to gently go to TX and come back to RX so not to cause RF damage to any listening antenna pre-amps or my SDR play box. With my Flex radio I really have no use for SDRplay anymore.

The rabbit holes are gone.

Fred KC4MOP

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭
    Options

OK Mike. That's good news abt a sequencer built-in to the Flex. One of those products where almost everything was thought of for Ham radio ops.

Fred

• N5DUP
    N5DUP Member ✭✭
    Options
    Fred, what did you mean by reverse polarity in your PTT system? I am trying to key my SPE Expert amp from the TX1 on my 6500 and it’s not working. I am using a Heil trigger switch plugged into the PTT rca jack which does key the radio but I am seeing no state change on TX1 therefore the amp is not being energized (keyed). I have also used the MOX button in SmartSDR, same thing, no state change on TX1.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.