Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

LOG40M2 setup with FLE6400

tpetruzzellis
tpetruzzellis Member ✭✭
edited August 2021 in Third-Party Software

Greetings:

Can anyone help with new logging program setup.

I am trying to setup LOG40M2 with my Flex6400 transceiver.

I cannot seem to to get the radio frequency to display on the logger screen.

The Log40M2 program gives hamlib or omnirig as options, but don't know if those are actually needed. Should the FlexCat be setup for TCP or serial.

Anyone familiar with this software and setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Best Answer

• KT5N  Jeff
    KT5N Jeff Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Tom, I just went through the same thing with my 6500 and Log4OM this past week.

Make sure that you are using the version 1.19 of Omnirig that works with Log4OM (the latest version won't work with Log4OM)

Set up your CAT port on an unused virtual serial port

Install and run Omnirig as administrator on Windows

Run wstj-x and JTalert and Log4OM as administrator

I kept getting "offline" displayed on Log4OM until I went back and made sure these things were done.

Good luck!

Answers

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I will be running up against this issue within a couple of days. I run Log4OM V2 and CAT using OmniRig between my Orion 2 & TS-890 without issue. My understanding is that the 6600M with talk back & forth with Log4OM via OmniRig using the Kenwood protocol.
  • KT5N  Jeff
    KT5N Jeff Member ✭✭
    YEs, I have heard that omnirig will work with a Flex 6000 series transceiver using the Kenwood settings. It does have SmartSDR built into it's settings though.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.