Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for Mac SmartLink FT8

Hi,

I am operating remotely with my Flex 6400M and SmartSDR for Mac, using SmartLink connection and mode FT8. When I transmit there are some random spikes on my TX. I have no other program running. I believe it's some kind of interference on the audio but I don't know if it is related to my MacBook Pro or the Flex itself.

See picture attached.

Thanks

Paulo

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

The only way to tell would be to listen to your transmitted signal. Put the radio into Full Duplex mode and listen on a 2nd receiver at the same time.

• Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike.

I found that it is somewhat related to my Multi-port USB-C Hub. When using WiFi I don't have the interference. When I plug my USB-C Hub and use an Ethernet connection the interference shows up.

73 Paulo

• Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭

I think I'll need a galvanic isolator.