Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SW3.2.39, USB to parallel still alive after power down

Holger Hannemann
Holger Hannemann Member ✭✭
edited June 2021 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi

I use a USB to parallel cable to indicate the band to my BCD-Decimal decoder for antenna/filter switching.

Since the update to 3.2.39 the FLEX-6600M output for this cable switches to the 80 m equivalent setting when powered off. This is an unwanted behavior. How can this be eliminated? I don't switch off the 12 V dc supply from the radio as this is needed for other devices.

73 Holger

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Holger Hannemann

If you can confirm this did not happen before 3.2.39 and also confirm that settings were identical, that would be helpful.

I'll open a support ticket for you.

• Holger Hannemann
    Holger Hannemann Member ✭✭

Hi Mike

Yes, I can confirm this. The same hardware was in use before and switching off the radio with the front button only would also switch off the USB --> no output. This released antennas used for the skimmers running on our site. Since update to 3.2.39 the USB output is locking in the 80 m position.

73 Holger

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I think Dan is looking at your ticket, so please pass that on to him.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.