Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL connection to Icom radio

Options
Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Ken N9MP from our tech support team dusted off his Icom IC-706MkII and connected it to the PGXL

These are the setting he used.

PGXL

IC-775 #this is in the PGXL Utility

Baud 4800  

IC-706MK2G

4800 8N1on the IC 706MK2G

Initial Set Menu:

Menu 34: CI-V Addr: 46H #This is to have the 706 use the Hex address of the IC-775

Menu 35: CI-V Baud: 4800 #Baud rate is not critical but has to match on both ends. Not much data is being shared, so 4800 baud is plenty fast enough

Menu 36: CI-V TRN: ON

Menu 37: CI-V 731: OFF

Comments

• W9SN
    W9SN Member ✭✭
    Options

I just got my PGXL. On input A, I have my new 6600 - works great. On input B, I am wanting to hook up my Icom 7300 (don't ask why). What exactly in the setup do I need to have it set to for this rig? Will it key the Icom without a setup in the amp's config, like sense RF? If so, I've not been able to get it to key it and all the setting so far don't seem to make it happy. Thanks!

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I just answered this in another posting 2 minutes ago.

• kd9rae
    kd9rae Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I found that, got CAT working... PTT is giving me fits.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Options

Make sure you select RCA cable for PTT. It is on the Flex Tab

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.