Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL Input Power Protection

Options
Reggie
Reggie Member ✭✭
edited May 2021 in Power Genius XL Amplifier

If the PGXL is connected to a Flex 6600 that is set to 100 watts output, does the PGXL have circuitry to automatically reduce the input power? 

I know I can use the TX setting tab in the 6600 to limit the power automatically to the amp, but I would like the ability to operate the 6600 at 100 watts without turning on the amp and putting it in standby. If I limit the power on the 6600 power using TX Tab for the amp, I would have to change the setting each time I use the amp or to work barefoot.

I currently use DDUTIL with my KPA500, but I really don’t want to have to rely on third party software to provide input power protection in the event I forget to reduce the power to the PGXL if I purchase one.

Thanks,

Reggie

N3OP

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Yes. You will get a warning and it will save itself. I do it by accident all the time.

If you want to automate your power, FRStack will do what you ask.

Mike va3mw

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.