Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X and wrong antenna selection

Hi,
I'm using 6300 with Maestro and setup ANT1 (tx and rx) for HF band and ANT2 (tx and rx) for 6 meter. Changin the band with Maestro or with SmartSDR the antenna selection follow what I set. But if I change band using WSJT-X band selection, the ANT selection still remain on the previous antenna.

Let me explane with 2 examples:

EXAMPLE 1:
Start on 15 with ANT1
Change band from Maestro to 6 meter and change to ANT2
Back to 15 with Maestro and return to ANT1
... All is ok ! ....

EXAMPLE 2:
Start on 15 with ANT1
Change band from WSJT to 6 meter and antenna still on ANT1
I must switch the antenna to ANT2 from Maestro (both rx and tx).
Return to 15 with WSJT
The Flex still remain to ANT2 and need to change from Maestro to ANT1

I'm using the last release 3.2.34 and WSJT-X rel 2.2.1.

Frankly I don't remember if the same thing happened with older releases... I never check before !
Only now I noticed this anomalous. Can someone do a test to understand if it is a problem with my configuration or it's WSJT that sends some "strange" CAT command?

Or, maybe, the SmartSDR have a bug ?

Waiting any suggestion.

73 - Stefano IK2HKT

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

Stefano.

I believe that it has always been that way..

As far as antenna selection is concerned, changing bands with a band select is different from change frequency which results in a band change. Antenna selection will follow a selected band change. But antenna selection will not follow a frequency change even though it may result in a band change.

I also think that it is wrong but its not the fault of CAT.

AL, K0VM

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, had the same situation. WSJT just sends a frequency change to the attached slice, not a band change.

• IK2HKT Stefano
    IK2HKT Stefano Member ✭✭
    Hi Al, Hi John.
    Thanks for your answers. Now that it is clear that this is not an error in my configuration, it would be desirable if the "frequency change" followed the "band change" as well. Obviously we can all live with this small anomaly but I believe that a simple table with the frequencies and the respective bands inserted in the software database could still be useful.
    If anyone from FlexRadio is reading us I ask, if possible, to add it to the "things to do" for the future.
    Thanks and have a nice day everyone.
    Stefano IK2HKT
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

That is correct. There is a difference between a Band change by the operator using SmartSDR (iOS, Maestro) vs. a frequency change via CAT. This is working as designed. And, there is a very good reason for it and at the moment, the use case that defines it is missing from my brain.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.