Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X and JS8Call lose audio output after the first call

Options
Don_N5SKT
Don_N5SKT Member ✭✭

I have just upgraded to 3,2.24 and am experiencing an odd issue. When I transmit with WSJT-X, I get audio out to the radio but time the radio is keyed, there is no audio to the radio. There was also a recent Windows 10 update installed before the upgrade. I have fixed it in WSJT-X by going to the audio setting and selecting another transmit device and then going back to the flex device. However. JS8Call does not get corrected by this. One heartbeat and no more output. JS8Call 2.2.0 and WSJT-X 2.2.3.

Comments

• Jan_DF5OK
    Jan_DF5OK Member, Unconfirmed
    Options
    Same problem with Win10 and JS8Call: runs some time, then audio output or input error, independent of soundcard and soundcardsettings.

My workaround: changed qtaudio_windows.dll in c:\Program Files (x86)\js8call\plugins\audio\ to a newer version with 57856 Bytes which I found on a dll-website.

After 10h with a HB every 10 min no audio output error encountered. Coding and Decoding seems to work fine with this dll (guess it's independend of the audio-output-input-dll).
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This is a strange problem. Jan's update is a very good clue and you'll see it is related to the Windows side of things.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.