Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Did the API change?

Options
KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
edited May 2021 in SmartSDR API

For some reason, when connecting a non-GUI client to my Flex 6400, I can no longer load a global profile unless there is already a GUI client connected, or if I connect as a GUI Client. I am pretty sure this worked before. I am not sure that I tested this on 3.2.31, so it may have changed then.

Example of the profile command:

fRig.send("profile global load \"KD0RC - 20 SSB\"");

Just to be clear, if there is a GUI client (like SmartSDR) connected, I can use the following commands, and the above command works perfectly:

fRig.send("client gui KD0RC_TeensyMaestro");

fRig.send("client start_persistence 1");

If the same profile global load command is issued when connected as a plain client (i.e. a client gui **** command was not issued), then the profile is not loaded. I do get the correct list of global profiles back in any case.

To approach the problem from a different perspective, is there a way to query for a connected GUI Client? That way if none are found, I can connect as a GUI Client.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Len, I might ask that you open a support ticket on this.

• KD0RC
    Answer ✓
    Options

Put in a help desk ticket and Tim got back to me right away. The API is fine - my personal testing habits could use some work...

I thought that I could load a profile with my TeensyMaestro without SmartSDR running when I was on 3.1.12, but I just verified that I never could do that. When I did my testing last year, I was so sure that I tested that, but I obviously didn't.

Anyone with a Teensy Maestro who wants to run standalone (i.e. no SmartSDR connections to the radio), just needs to hold any button during powerup to put it into GUI client mode. This then allows you to select and load profiles.

Thanks again for the fantastically quick (and accurate) response Tim, I really appreciate it.

Answers

• KD0RC
    Options

I think the Vanilla bad word filter is set a little tight... In my post above, the asterisks filtered out three "x" characters in a row indicating freeform text. If there is a way to loosen up the filter a bit, I would appreciate it. Obvious candidate words should stay, but common terms in the context of ham radio like "k.i.l.l the power before opening the case" are currently being asterisked out, making it look like the author was saying something inappropriate.

• KD0RC
    Options

OK, thanks Mike, I sure will.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.