Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Yaesu MD-100 with Flex 6500

Hello all,

I just ordered a Yaesu MD-100 desk mic for my 6500. I know there are a few guys out there using this mic. I was wondering if there were any other cables that I would need? I think the Yaesu 8 pin round connector will work right out of the box but I'm just checking.

Also, am I safe to assume that the condenser/dynamic keys and the low-cut and high-cut keys will not function with the Flex?

Any suggestions as to where I should start to set it up?

Thanks in advance, and 73's!

Comments

• BobsFlexbox
    BobsFlexbox Member
    I'm following this. I had mine working for years, but fiddling around, it stopped working. I did look for the MD-100 in the mic profiles but don't see it. Don't remember if it was there before
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

I suggest starting off with flex tx eq set to flat (all zero) and the tx bandwidth set to something like 300-3000 (2.7k) and see how that works. This is the range where most voice intelligibility is concentrated.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

We don't have a Yaesu Mic to test with, but if it was me, I would:

• Look at the schematic for the Mic
    • Look at the schematic for the radio - in the hardware reference manual
    • Make sure they match, if they do... move on. You need to confirm that Mic, Mic Ground, PTT and Ground are the same pins
    • Make sure you have the correct Mic input selected
    • Make sure you aren't using SmartLink and PC Audio is off
    • Make sure TX DAX is off in SmartSDR (this is different that SmartSDR DAX for the rest of your audio)
    • Now, go into radio setup/phone and even if you aren't sure if you need Bias or not you can test with and without it with damaging anything. The same is true the 20db gain button.

That should get you closer to a solution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.