Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MOX Turns On When Switching To CW Mode

All:

I've noticed that the MOX turns on whenever I switch from SSB to CW. I have a 6600M model and it happens when using the rig stand-alone as well as with SmartSDR version 3.2.31. It happened with the previous version as well.

Any suggestions?

Tony

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Tony, You might want to try a factory reset. Be sure to save (export) your profiles first, then re-import them after the reset.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Just curious if your vox might be on.

• K2MO
    K2MO Member ✭✭

Mike:

The VOX appears to become disabled when switching to CW so I would imagine that's not the issue. The factory reset documentation refers to an OK button and I don't see it on my 6600M. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Tony

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

Interesting. I have a 6500 and the latest SmartSDR, CWSkimmer, and Slice Master. When I start CWSkimmer through Slice Master, MOX gets turned on. Haven't tried it going to CW directly, but will do when I get a chance. I don't use VOX.

Bob, WK2Y

• K2MO
    K2MO Member ✭✭

All:

Factory reset did the trick!

Thanks!

Tony

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Great news, I'm glad that fixed it!

• K2MO
    K2MO Member ✭✭

Thanks Len.

Tony -K2MO

• Robby
    Robby Member ✭✭

I had this MOX problem also with previous versions. I think that N1MM+ was at fault. I did Tim's reset but no help. I went to the ARRL Labs video on YouTube and followed the instructions to get Flex CAT to work with N1MM. Still the MOX problem persisted. Part of the video instructed me to create a CAT port and set it to PTT. Then enter that com port into N1MM configurer hardware tab and put a check in the cw/other box.

I finally fixed it by removing the CAT entry for PTT and removing the corresponding com port entry in N1MM. Instead I put a check in the cw/other box on the first entry where you select radio entry "FLEX-6000 Series."

Now with only CAT and Winkey entries in CAT and the two com ports in N1MM config I have CW and Winkey with no MOX on startup and no red border on Call window. I can now create the other entries that I need that don't effect the CW mode.

I believe the ARRL video was made in the Version 1 era and was probably necessary then but in my opinion it is out of date now. Changes to SSDR occasionally and updates to N1MM+ frequently could be the reason for this.

So maybe the PTT port was needed then but not now. It may be needed for some other mode that I do not use but deleting it solved my MOX problem.

I have noted that many DIY videos on YouTube are out of date or just plain wrong from the start.

Robby/HP3SS

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭

It appears the VOX is active in CW mode ? I noticed the MOX going crazy today. Turns out my headset mic was picking up noise and turning the MOX on. Is this a bug ? I see posts about this dating back several years. Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.