Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

If I sell my Flex 6400 How do i transfer SmartSDR the License to the new Owner?

Options
KC5HCX
KC5HCX Member ✭✭
edited April 2021 in SmartSDR for Windows

How do i transfer the SmartSDR License to the new owner?

Is any action required?

Isn't the license tied to the hardware?

Also, if the radio is not put on the network, does it have to be connected to the internet to perform any polling for the license to work? Someone told me this recently. Is this true?

These are questions i am getting from potential buyers.

Thanks for your response.

KC5HCX

Don

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your license is fixed to the serial number of your radio and not to your name. Nothing to do for you !

73 Chris DL5NAM

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The radio hardware knows what version it is licensed to run. And it is NOT dependent on the net work unless you wish to upgrade the software.

AL, K0VM

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Don, the SmartLink account does not transfer. The new owner will set up their own SmartLink. Go to Settings, Choose Radio / SmartLink Setup ...

Then select SmartLink Setup and click the Unregister button. Now SmartLink can be registered to the new owner.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@KC5HCX

You should do a full reset on the radio and log out of the SmartLink account.

This will require the new owner to create their own SmartLink account.

The proper procedure is documented in our HelpDesk system.

73, Mike va3mw

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Don, there are 2 'current' versions. :)

Or, 3 if you have a concern with profiles.

:)

Answers

• KC5HCX
    KC5HCX Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank for the responses. It is running the current version. i have mostly used it directly connected to my laptop with an ethernet cable.

Do i need to do anything to transfer the SmartLink Account?

i have only used it remotely a few time with my iPhone and on my local wireless network with an iPad.

I am down sizing my shack and potential buyers had concerns about being able to connect, the license, etc.

Sometimes it is more believable for them to hear it from others with no interest in the sale.

Thank you for your responses. Any other comments are welcomed.

Don

KC5HCX

• KC5HCX
    KC5HCX Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much. That fully answers my questions.

Don

KC5HCX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.