Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

A transverter question

Options

I have just connected a LT2 transverter made by SSB Electronics to my Flex 6700.

It is receiving fine, but I have a problem with transmitting. I set - 0.600 MHz offset and required 77 Hz tone, however, I am not getting any response from my local repeater.

When transmitting, frequency displayed by SSDR does not change by the preset offset. Is it normal?

I would expect that it changes so perhaps I am transmitting on a wrong frequency.

Any suggestios where to look at a potential problem?

Tom, SP7WT

Best Answer

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

OM John and Mike-

I do appreciate your responses. Yes, the problem was related to the oscillator error. I was able to compensate it and everything works fine.

TNX OMs!

Tom, SP7WT

Answers

• J.C. W4QK
    J.C. W4QK Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Tom,

I use a dual band transverter with my Flex 6400M. When I transmit on 2 meter repeaters the frequency displayed on the panadapter does not change. To check the transmit frequency I listened on my HT. One thing that may possibly be preventing you from keying up the repeater is the local oscillator error frequency set for your transverter. On two meters I have to set my local oscillator error offset to -60 Hz to be on the correct frequency. Good luck getting your system working and have fun with the transverter.

73 - JC

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Mr Radio

Can you post a screen shot of SmartSDR and how you set up your repeater pair please. This will help diagnose your issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.