Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transverter band shows LO frequency instead of RX frequency

Options

Hello group.

Transverter setup is easy enough that I think I didn't make any error: RF Freq: 144 IF Freq: 28

The calculated LO Freq is obviously 116.

So far so good.

When I select the Trasverter band, however, the slice displays the LO frequency and NOT the RF frequency.

And, the transverter doesn't seem to work, but let's solve the frequency thing first.

I am going mad.

Thanks for your help.

Pete MM0TWX

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Pete, I can't recreate your issue on my Flex 6400. Have you tried removing the transverter setup and readding it?

• Pete Parisetti
    Pete Parisetti Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Len, thanks for the reply. Three times I removed and recreated the Xverter. Same results.

• KD0RC
    Options

What rig and software/firmware version do you have?

• Pete Parisetti
    Pete Parisetti Member ✭✭
    Options

6400, smartsdr 3.1.12, I don't know how to tell the firmware version.

• KD0RC
    Options

SW/FW is the same - 3.1.12 in your case. May be time for a helpdesk ticket. I can't get my 6400 on 3.2.31 to misbehave.

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had configured up my radio (6500) back when it was on 3.1.12 and updated with it already configured. I haven't even bought the 5 band transverter yet but I just clicked through all the bands and 2, 222, etc all come up reading the correct stuff.

• Pete Parisetti
    Pete Parisetti Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Pete Parisetti
    Pete Parisetti Member ✭✭
    Options

If not solved, this is the second, MAJOR fault of the 6400-smartSDR system (the first being a problem which makes CW a complete pain to use, which has been, after an unsuccessful ticket, referred to "the developers"). The system has excellent performance and would be the best "radio" around. Faults like these make it almost unusable for my purposes. How is this possible in a product of this level?

• KD0RC
    Options

So what happens if you set the frequency on the flag to 144 MHz?

• Pete Parisetti
    Pete Parisetti Member ✭✭
    Options

Len, the noise floor goes down a lot. As if the antenna was disconnected.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Pete Parisetti

The transverter part does work. Here is mine.

First thing I would do is to backup your profiles and do a database reset on the radio and see if it works as it should. Here is mine from earlier today.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.