Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem after update

Ha Gei
Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

We have a strange Problem .

We upgraded to 3.2.31 .

Direct Network connection okay.

One guy updated his 32bit laptop , works okay ( smartlink )

Then he updated his W10/64 which had worked flawless with 3.1.12 .

Now the following happens:

He does not see a slice and waterfall/spectrum. Can only access a few menues/buttons. After a few seconed he gets disconnected.

When trying to reconnect , he sees the router adress in the connect window. Can connect but still nothing working.

Strangely now all others ( direct connection and his laptop ) also see no waterfall etc.

Powercycle brings all back to normal. If someone is connected , in the second he connects the active station freezes.

Tried this and that, reinstalled a few times, Played wit network settings , no firewall.. all times same..

Anyone who knows a solution ?

Unfortunately we don´t want full reset of the flex 6400 , as we can´t manage to save profiles etc. , hangs when saving and we have a ot of fine tuned profiles that we want to keep as long as possible

harry

DL9NDW

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2021

@Ha Gei

If you can connect to the radio with SmartSDR you can then back up your profiles. I would do that now but try from a different PC as an idea. See if that might work first.

But, it does sound like you are going to have to reset the database. That is you quick fix as there really isn't another choice at this point.

Sorry

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

Hi Mike,

i managed to get backup done after some attempts. We check over the weekend wether some other user has the same problem, then we might drive up there and do the reset . Due to COVID limitations the station is not visited much these days.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

If you do go visit your site, that might be the time to install a remote switch to allow remote updating. Mike put out some good videos on the subject where he recommends a remote laptop and a remote switch. This will save you a trip next time.

FlexRadio - Remote LAN setup - YouTube

FlexRadio Remote Michael Walker VA3MW - YouTube

• Lars, DL4JLM
    Lars, DL4JLM Member
    Hi folks,
    have the same problem updating from 31 to 34. Laptop and Maestro are working. PC not. All 64 bit. PC, Maestro and Flex are on one Repeater. Laptop is WiFi. PC crashes after starting SmartSDR. Connection problem. In this case the flex also crashed, no more connection using Maestro and Laptop possible. Any idea?

Best 73
    Lars
    DL4JLM
  • Lars, DL4JLM
    Lars, DL4JLM Member
    I fixed the problem by reseting the Flex to factory default. I lost the profiles etc. but anyway the rest works again.
  • Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

I found a much simpler solution today :

on your PC there is a folder under %appdata%\roaming\flexradio Systems

there is file: ssdr.settings as seen in screenshot.. just rename or delete it. Then you back to normal operation

No reset , no loss of profiles etc..

It will be recreated from scratch on next start

Harry

one we do it right, will work....

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

To fix this you need to update to 3.2.34 which, indeed, fixes that issue along with others.

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

NOPE.

we had done that , had done 2 Resets. Still the same . After renaming that file, is working 100%

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

Good, I had the same problem and I was keep deleting that file over and over before 3.2.34

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Ha Gei

Just an FYI, if you had opened a support ticket regarding this problem, we would have fixed it for you immediately. You would have had it solved much faster.

Please do not hesitate to do so in the future.

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

Well, why did you give me a non working advice ( reset ) on April 8th If you could have fixed it ?

I assumed such a forum offloads tedious work from supporters..

@N5NHJ Then, the fix is doing both ... Probably 3.2.31 "spoiled" that file on each connect

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.