Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6000 HF Initial Remote Setup - LAN / Internet part

Options
Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

There are many ways to setup an HF remote station and how to handle the LAN / Internet connections.

After decades of me playing around, this is the model I use. You may choose a different layout, but you may also find that works just fine for you. This layout is for someone who is away from their radio for weeks at a time.

In this design, I use a PC local to the Radio (called the Radio PC)

My goals for this layout are:

Reliability

No VPN

Limited internet traffic on the upload stream

Ease of PC setup (you only have to setup 1 PC)

Ease to use it from many locations

Ability to do network maintenance

Ability to upgrade your SmartSDR (and roll back if required)

This is the general layout that has worked for me very well since 2004. You may wish to consider it for your solution.

More is explained in the youtube video.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.