Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink Windows Multi-User Setup?

I have a need to sign in via SmartLink to several Flex stations. Each of these station is running different releases of SmartSDR and have different SmartLink Log-In user names and Passwords.

Is there a way in Windows 10 to setup desktop icons which point to different SmartLink Login credentials. Right now when I want to change from one remote session to another I have to exit out of SmartSDR/Link, find the correct version of SmartSDR for the remote I want to use, launch it and then go thru disconnecting the current SmartLink login and setting up a different SmartLink log in.

It is a PIA.

I am looking for a solution like what I have setup with FLdigi and other programs where the executables are installed in different directors with slightly different names so that they can be launched with all the proper configuration information required for that specific instance of the program.

If there is a solution please point me to a outline of how to set it up.

Regards, John K3MA

Comments

• IZ6TSA
    IZ6TSA Member
    I'm interested too. Is this possible nowadays?

Maybe passing smartlink parameters via command line arguments and creating link to executables with those arguments.

Best, Nicolò IZ6TSA
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

What you can do is this:

• Make sure all radios are at the same software version
    • You can multiple radios on the same SmartLink account

That is how we manage it. Just pick the radio you need.

• IZ6TSA
    IZ6TSA Member
    Thanks Mike for the reply.
    That for sure can be a solution, but what happen if i want to share with a friend a radio and not all the ones i own?

Please put in the to-do list for the future the possibility to share to other smartlink accounts a radio.

Best 73, Nicolò IZ6TSA
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

There is no good solution for that today.

If it was my 'friends' I would trust them to do the correct thing. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.