Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lan Speed Test

Options
Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I wanted to provide a tool that can help show you just how much data your LAN can move.

I haven't used it in some time, but I found it an invaluable tool when I was stress testing wireless networks (you sometimes didn't want to know the answer).

I recommend you buy if you want to play with it (it isn't expensive at all).

https://totusoft.com/lanspeed

LAN Speed Test was designed from the ground up to be a simple but powerful tool for measuring file transfer, hard drive, USB Drive, and Local Area Network (LAN) speeds (wired & wireless).

It would be good to have some people share their results and see if they are getting what they think they should be getting.

Mike

Comments

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Mike for the suggestion. It has provided me with some better insight into the workings of my network. The network scanning feature really helps me keep track of the IP and Mac addresses of my devices.

A great bargain for what it provides. Thanks again.

73, Bob, KN4HH

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike, and others, I was not able to create the Test Results folder where Lan Speed Test said it should go in the program files directory. I created the file outside that directory and the program ran. However in speaking with Totusoft customer support, he cautioned me on what the program does in that case. Here is the quote from him

"if you are testing to a folder outside your Program files folder, and still on the C: Drive, then you are testing the speed of that drive - not your network speed. To test your network speed, you need to choose a folder that is being shared by another computer on your network. That way the file is going across your network to be saved to and read from. Hope that helps."

You probably know that. I just wanted to make sure this was a known condition.

73, Bob, KN4HH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.