Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I use the headphone jack and speaker simultaneously?

I like to listen without headphones most of the time, but when a station is down in the noise I put on my headset. If I plug into the phone jack on my Mac, it mutes the speaker. I tried plugging my headset into the phones jack on the radio but it is muted unless I go into the audio settings and check use radio output. I can't seem to have both active at the same time.

Is there a way to do this?

Jon...kf2e

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Jon

I already use "Loopback" for Mac<> XDAX<>WSJT audio connections.

Using the same, I created another connection "name of your choice" to connect my Mac Audio to both the Mac Speakers and the Mac Headphone jack.

Now, the Loopback connection shows up in the audio pull down selector, in my case name "Mac Audio", so I choose that for audio out, it comes out both the Headphones, the Speaker and other devices if selected.

Alan

WA9WU

• Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭

Perhaps I am a bit thick here but I don.t see the problem.

My setup is as follows - Flex 6500,

Powered speaker, and a sadiosport headphone, mic.

If my speaker is turned on I will hear whatever the radio is turned to. The headphone is plugged into the phone jack on the front of my 6500. I will get sound from both sources if I so desire. If the speaker intrudes I simply turn it off. My Win 10 computer really isn't involved in this process.

If you don't have a powered speaker I would suggest you get one that is connected to the speaker jack on the back of your radio. Almost anything will do so long long as it is powered.

As i said , perhaps I am too thick headed to see the problem but I routinely shift between speaker and head set. If the speaker intrudes. turn it off.

Gene K3GC

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭

Alan,

Thanks but I don't want to add yet another program to accomplish what should be a simple audio selection.

"I already use "Loopback" for Mac<> XDAX<>WSJT audio connections."

Gene,

I don't want to add another speaker to my config. I want to use my Mac speaker for casual listening and want to use a headset for when things are hard to hear.

Jon...kf2e