Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Midi Controller Availability

I really like SmartSDR for Mac. I lets me run without Parallels on any Mac in my possession.

I am especially interested in a "tuning knob" to make frequency-tuning more satisfying than my track pad offers.

Of all the Midi DJ controllers that Marcus supports, the Behringer CMD PL-1 seems the best. However, I can't find anywhere to purchase one. The Behringer web site makes it look like it's still a current product, but all their links to retailers show out of stock and I can't even find one on eBay.

Anyone have a suggestions for me?

Best Answer

• Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

OK. Now that SmartSDR for Mac Version 1.3.5 has added FlexControl, I no longer need Midi controllers.

Way to go, Marcus!!!!!

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@Mike W8MM In this post, you asked a question where you wanted to get an answer, but the post was designated as a discussion topic. Please see the Message Board post Using New Q&A (Question & Answer) Feature for how to create a Question and Answer (Q&A) post. I went ahead and converted your post to a Q&A.

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭

Thanks for the remiinder, I must admit I did not fully understand the workflow differences between a discussion and a question.

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

BTW. For those interested in the Original issue:

If your favorite MIDI controller is not on the list, there is a "Mapping" feature that may allow you to program your own controls and functions for the controller you have.

See Section 6.2 in the SmartSDR for Mac Manual: