Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I direct a question to an individual?

Dan-N7HQ
Dan-N7HQ FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin
edited August 2020 in Community Topics

@Tim - W4TME

Hi Tim, how do I direct a question to an individual?

Best Answer

Answers

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭
    Doesn’t work for me. I get this message when trying to write a direct message: “Permission Problem”
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@Dave Hartley This would be due to your current role in the Community (one "star" - New Member").

The new Community has different ranks for members and as you earn reputation points by engaging with the COmmunity, you earn more community privileges. All new members have limited privileges for 1 week and until you gain 5 reputation points (you received one point for your reply to this post). Once you have achieved that threshold, your role will change to a community Newbie and you will receive additional privileges.

There is more info on this in the Message Board post: Using Reputation Points and Reactions to Improve the Community

This was done purposely to help mitigate against spammers joining the community and immediately having several options to send you unsolicited information.

Keep engaging with the community and you will soon achieve a new role with additional privileges.

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the info Tim!
  • Keith WA0BEU
    Keith WA0BEU Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tim!