Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600 2.6.2 with wsjt 2.2.1

Roger G3LDI
Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I followed the utube video on setting up WSJT with the Flex 6600. I am having problems with getting the two to talk. I have set up the parameters described, but I get   a rig control error every time. I cannot see how to change the CAT parameters, Baud rate, and so on. Have I overlooked something? Is there another document I can refer to? 
73 de Roger, G3LDI

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    Hi Roger

You might want to try the SliceMaster tool and you'll find you won't have the Rig Control issues.

https://youtu.be/_ww8CcGNAzg

Mike 
  • KD2OM
    KD2OM Member
    edited June 2020
    I use the tcp Flex selection in WSJT-X without problem Cat control uses port 5002. You don’t have to fool with serial port parameters that way. I also setup 4 instances of WSJT-X when using SSDR to monitor WSPR on four bands simultaneously. Just increase the port one number for each instance, I.e. 5003, 5004...

Steve KD2OM
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Roger,
    First, in your CAT control area for Flex, set up a new TCP port, maybe 5006, and type WSJT for a name. Port protocol will be CAT, port type will be TCP and the port number will be 5006 and indicate Slice A. Click ADD. Then in WSJT-X, under Radio select FlexRadio 6xxx, under network server type 127.0.0.1:5006, under PTT tick CAT and then press TEST CAT and it should turn green. For audio be sure it is set for RX1 for receive and TX for transmit. Hope this helps.
    John W9ILY
  • Steve Sterling
    Steve Sterling Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Roger-- I found it confusing too. All the videos I found have you setting up serial com ports, using Kenwood settings, etc. You want to use the TCP port method as described by KD2OM and W9ILY. You can use the "already there by default" TCP port in flex CAT as described by KD2OM, or creating additional TCP ports in Flex CAT as described by W9ILY. Why would you need to create additional TCP ports? To attach additional copies of WSJT-X to different slices, or other apps to specific slices.
    It is also confusing on the settings in WSJT-X. To use the TCP port 5002, set up as shown below. Change the port number (5002) to match the Flex default TCP port number, or create a new TCP port within Flex CAT control area. Note that the data bits, stop bits, all that COM port stuff is grayed out.

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    OK, four good replies there!
    Mike, I do have SLice-master, but have not used it yet. I shall do so!
    Two Steves replied and John too.  Many thanks.

Studying your replies, I found my very basic mistake! I had done everything you had suggested, BUT had put a comma between the 1 and the port number, instead of a colon!!! DOH!!!!!!
    All fixed now, but strange how it worked with the Kenwood 2000 WITH the comma and not the Flex.
    All's well that ends well!!  Many thanks for the replies again.

73 de Roger, G3LDI 
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sometimes the smallest things are easily overlooked. Glad it's all working.
    John W9ILY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.