Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Free Shipping On Flex Products

Options
Doug
Doug Member ✭✭
I just watched a video by Mike Walker and he stated Flex ships for free ? Well I can tell you they didn't ship my new PGXL amp free last month and they didn't ship my 6400M free ........ Just Sayin

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Doug

That was a promotion at the time when I recorded that video.  

The shipping today is pretty reasonable.  $50.  Not bad for a 43 pound box.

Mike

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I was always impressed with how low shipping was, you have a MUCH better deal with UPS than my lowly company did!

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Until you want something shipped over the border! As a Canadian, I can tell you that UPS stands for something other than United Parcel Service :-)
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Agree with that Ted! DHL or FedEX....

Tim VE6SH
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I used Fedex to ship my Maestro back to Texas for a cable problem. I wanted to check on it's delivery, and the lady at the counter was having no part of that imposition. She wouldn't even look up the item to see my receipt.  I'll drive to a place before I ship Fedex again, Too much trouble for them to do what they say they will do, and I don't want to impose on those good people with my silly expectations of minimal service.

• Tim N9PUZ
    Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I don't know if it is still the case but when I was involved in a small business we never used UPS to ship anything to Canada. At the time they sent EVERYTHING through a bonded Customs warehouse whether it was required or not. It pays to shop around.

Tim N9PUZ

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    Options
    From an FRS perspective, UPS has been really good in the US for us.  

But, like Tim says, if shipping into Canada from any vendor request they use USPS since the brokerage is only about $5 or so.  Brokerage is about $50 on UPS, DHL or Fedex.  We still have to pay the HST (12%) which is like a VAT.
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Brokerage fees to Canada with UPS are outrageous. USPS and FedEx are more reasonable. That is odd  Mike I only pay 5% GST in Alberta. Must be part of the "Alberta Advantage" :-)

Tim VE6SH
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yep, you do.  No HST for you.  But, then again, isn't that why Alberta (ve6 land for the rest of you) is broke?  :)
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Not broke, but heading that way...unless oil prices spike. We need a sales tax, especially now, but politicians see the implementation of a tax as shooting themselves in the foot. 

Tim VE6SH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.