Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost Keying Amp Settings

Lasse Moell
Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Networking
Past frew weeks I have had very little time to play with my radio, but did fool around using both my PC and Ipad from the TV sofa, and running barefoot. Now today I fired up my radio, Maestro and the amp, and was pleasant surprised to hear KL7 on 21 Megs, and finally the tube amp was heated up, but no power??? Started to look for user error, only to find (took a while to realize) all my keying settings had apparently been reset by the other "clients". 
I am using TX2 to key amp, but it was reverted back to TX1 on all bands.
My question is what is the correct way to preserve my settings when using different clients i.e. PC SSDR, IPad or Maestro? And no, the opening to Alaska was too short for me to get it all sorted out :(

Answers

• Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Lasse, I thought that the profiles were stored in the radio SDcard.

Are you sure you have not lost the entire TX profile?  Check in profile manager to see if any of your self-named profiles are still there.  Even after a new SDcard, my 6400 still loses its TX profiles every few days. The only way I know it has happened is because the amp keying settings have defaulted back to off!
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Steve, there are profiles that I could load into my Maestro.
    I guess what happened was that I loaded a fresh 2.6.2 into my PC and somehow this did alter my keying settings. Very odd... But no harm done, only took a few minutes to figure out what was the culprit.
    Not sure if it altered any other stuff, as I did load an old saved profile to get back to "normal".
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This is one of the reasons we need to go back to the previous way of managing profiles. Right now, anytime some connects to your radio they can modify your profiles just by making any adjustment. It is a nightmare....
  • Jim  KJ3P
    Jim KJ3P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Lasse,  I had the same problem recently...amp keying settings went to zero.  After much head-scratching, I discovered the "TX Band Settings" feature on the TX tab of setup.  I believe the default was to have all the TX1 boxes activated, but they had all become unchecked.

I didn't uncheck them myself, because I never knew about this feature!  Maybe one of the recent updates put in blank settings?  Maybe this was a byproduct of something I did in the new profile management?  Anyway, I'm glad to now know about this particular menu, since it's quite handy for my setup.

--jim KJ3P

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I think you select and load your global profile. I know TX Band Settings track with your global profile. After two plus years of ownership (6600 & Maestro), I had never made Global or TX profiles. After the v2.6.2.50 upgrade I had to make them. After Tim helped me we with that and AGC-T and preamp settings, I discovered one band had different TX Band Settings, that is TX1 was unchecked for all bands. Once I changed it it was part of a new Global profile, immediately. I lost the 60 meter profile, can someone who still has it please send it in a email , I greatly appreciate it. Yeah, I don't like how profile change on the fly in this version. Take for example, TX Band Settings, RF PWR & Tune PWR are no longer limited by TX Band Settings, but only by TX/Max power.
  • Robby Robertson
    Robby Robertson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This happens to me all the time and it has nothing to do with profiles. My profiles are all there and very usefull. If my amp doesn't key I just TS settings and reselect the bands I use on TX1.
    Robby
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    "Take for example, TX Band Settings, RF PWR & Tune PWR are no longer limited by TX Band Settings, but only by TX/Max power." Exactly! Making TX Band Setting window useless.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    For those of you that are having issues with the TX lines being affected, can you do some testing and make sure you are using TX Profiles that have them configured in state you wish.

The TX1, 2 and 3 are stored in the TX Profile.  If you change to a TX Profile that had them off, then of course they won't function as expected.

I can't recreate this on my station (6600).  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.