Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wifi hotspot

David jewer
David jewer Member
New user..just got a 6300. I live in an are without isp providers. I only have wifi thru my Flip phone used as a wifi Hospot. I want to use my Ipad to use with my radio via remote and on my home wifi. There is no way to connect the radio to a router or modem. Is there anyway to get the 6300 access via hotspot? I saw a couple devices ( wifi to ethernet adapter) but not sure if that would work. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. David

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    Hi DavId

We have them in the store. 
     https://shop.flexradio.com/flexradio-wi-fi-network-bridge/

• David jewer
    David jewer Member
    edited June 2020
    ok sounds like a great possability..let me checkitn out..thank you
  • Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Here is something you may want to look at. It gives you Internet without using your cell phone. One of the hams I know uses one, to run an IRLP node. Like you, where he lives there is no other options for internet.

It gives you both wired and wireless connections, so you could just plug your Flex into it the same as with other network routers.

Router Hotspot ZTE MF288 4G LTE GSM

ZTE MF288 Turbo Hub is an LTE modem with connections for up to 20 Wi-Fi devices such as smartphones, laptops and tablets simultaneously plus four wired connections via Ethernet without sacrificing speed. The 3000 mAh removable backup battery ensures a reliable Internet connection so conference calls can carry on and data stays protected – even in a power outage. ZTE MF288 mobile Internet device can be used anywhere where there is a power outlet and a cellular signal. Just plug it in and everyone is good to go. ZTE MF288 LTE Smart Hub keeps everyone connected on the ultra-fast 4G LTE network as if they were all in the office.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.