Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 3.1.12 upgrade went fine

KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I just upgraded to SmartSDR 3.1.12 without issue. It took about two minutes for the firmware to upgrade. So far everything is working and acting normally.

Len, KD0RC

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    :-)
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Same for 2.6.2, then Win 10 decided to perform its cumulative update,  OMG everything still works. 

Good job guys.

Gayle K0FLY
  • K5BGP
    K5BGP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    As a Mac user, how do I get the firmware in my 2 month old FLEX-6400 upgraded?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2020
    The Mac client is not capable of doing firmware updates.  This is only done using a Maestro or SmartSDR for Windows.  One option for a Mac is to run SmartSDR for Windows as a virtual machine using something like Parallels as the hypervisor.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    same here, took 3 minutes 15 second on my FLEX 6600 with GPSDO
    Jim
    WU5E

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

I beat you, my 6500 took 3 minutes 12 seconds!
  • Francesco Doenz
    Francesco Doenz Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Oh well, we are not equal in knowledge about software and informatics....I blundered it again, as with  last update, this time I got the update on my laptop, but on my 6600M it reverted back to version 2.4....hard to believe but true...will have to open a help ticket for a teamviewer visit....the teamviewer visit saved me during last update!
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes No Problems!!! However I can tell that the Sensitivity of the radio has increased by 3X!! I was on 20 meters and heard a station doing "REMOTE" Moon Bounce! I asked him for his name and he said Captain James T. Kirk!! Must Be True!!! :-)

BTW,, Mine only took 2 minutes and 47 seconds, but I cheated and sped up the microprocessor by using my 18.5 volt DC supply!!!! :-)

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    lol :)
  • K5BGP
    K5BGP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Tim. I did this using Parallels... downloaded SmartSDR and it immediately recognized a firmware update was needed, then performed it. I'm back on the air with dogparkSDR and the 3.1.12 firmware. Great work!
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Tim

Thanks for cleaning up all the versions in Maestro and the previous # corrections.

Ian

• Francesco Doenz
    Francesco Doenz Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Well, got it straight thanks to Tim's paper about bridges...thanks Tim!!
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    All went smooth here updating 3.1.12 Ditto on cleaning up the Maestro version lineup, most appreciated Tim.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tim, new update v3.1.12 did very well and still doing so.  Awaiting new SD card....
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I’m still waiting for the version with the transporter, would be amazing way to work DX!
  • Charlie, WA3UTC
    Charlie, WA3UTC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Installation also went well with know problems.  Microsoft's Patch Tuesday sent packages out that also did not cause any problems either.

Charlie,  WA3UTC

• Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2020
    it's on its way...
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2020
    As a young child, the shortwave radio in my grandmother's house transported me to countries I never know existed until I broker out the encyclopedia and looked them up.
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Just did my update.  Went by the book.  No problems or issues.  
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Looks like Flex made some great improvements to the software in general as so many people are having a good experience with the upgrade!!! Remember Flex has made a commitment to the Amateur Community! They also are now involved with the USA Government and other industries.

As they grow, they will also hire more software developers. As their Talent Pool increases so will their Software. Flex will keep a low profile and not tell us all that goes on behind the scenes in those SECRET board room meetings!

As long as the CIA,FBI, dont hack into their phone conversations, they should be fine!!! :-)
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Upgrade went fine on two PCs (both had latest OS patches installed b4). Maestro updated w/o issues. This has been the trend for sometime.

TU -0 Flex  software, firmware, DSP, OS developers and all others that work behind the scenes.

_..--
    k3Tim
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Tim, Aloha!!!  On a side note, I did a bush fix on the power poles DC power input connector.  This may be some thing that I would like to send the radio back to fix (replace) a very loose connector. Has been causing problems, because of the looseness.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.