Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

dual wsjt-x for 6600m

Options
W5AP
W5AP Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I need help setting up my 2 slice 6600m for FT-8 on both slices with seperate antennas.
I think there has been a Utube on this - probably from Mike, but I can't find it
Tnx, Jim

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Jim

Give this a try https://youtu.be/_ww8CcGNAzg

It will allow you to do up to 4 at the same time.

Mike

• Ian
    Ian Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi All ... this is very timely ... I just started setting up 2 instances of WSJT-x for slice A and B with my 6600.  both instances of WSJT-x work stand a lone ... however when I try and have them both run together I get a stale lock error that will not delete .. next error says I need to name my 2 rigs differently.  the drop down selector only allows for the Flex 6600 xxxx.  any ideas on how to resolve this ... I am not using slice master.

Ian VE3JI
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Ian

We missed you at virtual breakfast the other day! :) 

If you use SliceMaster, you do not get the message you are seeing.

If you do not want to use SliceMaster, then you have to go through the painful setup of configuring WSJTx for 2 radio use.  

How should I configure WSJT-X to run multiple instances?

Start WSJT-X from a command-prompt window, assigning each instance a unique identifier as in the following two-instance example. This procedure will isolate the Settings file and the writable file location for each instance of WSJT-X.

wsjtx --rig-name=TS2000 
    wsjtx --rig-name=FT847

Then, you need to create 2 short cuts that make this work.   I searched and found this:

Create another shortcut on your desktop.

Right click and properties.

Under the "General" tab edit the name of the icon, In this case probably WSJT-X Slice A

Under the "Shortcut" tab add this to the target line.

Leave a space after .exe then --rig-name=Slice A

That name will now show up on waterfall window as well as the new main window.

C:WSJTwsjtxinwsjtx.exe --rig-name=Slice A

You can then start both copies of WSJTx.  Be aware that you will need a CAT port and PTT port assigned to Slice A (unless you use CAT for PTT).  And another unique CAT port for Slice B.

Yes, confusing if this layer of windows work is foreign to you.  

Mike

• Ian
    Ian Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks Mike .... the command line stuff scared me away ... downloaded Slice master and was up and running in 10 mins ...

I now have 2 instances of WSJT-x and JT Alert running with the 6600 (Slice A and B) and full integration into DX Keeper with auto up loading to  LoTW and eQSL and PSK Reporting running as well.  Here is a picture of my 2 screens showing all the software running in an SO2R fashion

thanks again for the help 

Ian VE3JI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.