Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR 3.1.11 ATU Defect

2»

Answers

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    WOW! Pretty harsh...

Additionally, Flex has about 45 employees, a pretty small company.
    Icom has 1800 employees, that's about 40 times as many.

I feel as though I'm in a partnership with Flex,a  relationship that I could never have with a much larger company. I support their development process and I'm quite happy with the performance of my 6400.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2020
    Agree . . . 
  • Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

It's actually kind of amazing when you stand back and look at it.  He's guilty of EXACTY what he's criticising Pat of, but without any content.  Just his own vitriol.  Pat's comments are usually pretty accurate and factual.  The fact that people don't like that pretty much amounts to them not liking what he's commenting about.  Which are mostly observations of pretty conspicuous Flex issues.  Which pretty much NEVER get addressed just as he says.  Like it or not.

As an aside, the "Elmer" thing on this forum is mostly a joke.  It's like they selected the least credible people to give that title.

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

I know it seems like the people who have the “Elmer” badge on this forum are more toxic to the community than most of the other users. They tell others to ignore people like Pat but don't seem to be able to follow their own advice.

They are known at the “Tone Police”

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Yes Howard as usual you are correct, I should have ignored him, I took the bait. It's so hard to read some of the total **** and negativity that goes on from time to time and not react to it.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Are you going to sell the Flex when you get the K4? I've thought about selling my 6700 but as each drawback becomes apparent the resale value probably drops in concert. 

There will come a point where it simply won't be worth it to sell. Then the Flex will be relegated to the back shelf and only powered up with all the other seldom used equipment to enhance pictures of the shack.

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Wow. Well I don’t normally waste my time answering trolls,That gives Flex a real Incentive to never fix anything because it would mean that we would get rid of trolls sooner So the rest of us can enjoy our radios And this forum f

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.