Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connecting my new 6400 with my SteppIR SDA 100 controller

Carl Walthall
Carl Walthall Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I just purchased a new Flex 6400 radio and I'm having trouble getting my SteppIR SDA 100 controller to track the radio. It was working with my Flex 6300, but now I'm not able to get it to work with my 6400. 

Does anyone have any ideas why it doesn't work?

Thanks Carl N8CDW

Answers

• Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yikes, I have a 6400M and it controls my SDA 100 controller just fine. Are you sure that the cable from the radio to the controller has a good FTDI chip in use.
    I assume that the 6400 and the 6400M have the same usb data available. That is the only issue I had. The cable I bought had a bad Ftdi chip. 
    Sorry if this does not help you, good luck.
    Andy... W3LI
  • Steve WS5W
    Steve WS5W Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    When I moved mine to to my 6600M it took some fiddling. I don’t remember exactly what. Let dig out the note I wrote. It wasn’t much.
  • Carl Walthall
    Carl Walthall Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Andy and Steve

I connected a new cable and I get these logging messages

23:31:11 (RX): x<E0><80><F8><80>
    23:31:11 (RX): <F8><F8><F8><80>
    23:31:12 (RX): x<E0><80><F8><80>
    23:31:13 (RX): x<C0><80><F8><80>

I'm not sure if the commands are correct, I have SDA 100 set to Kenwood. 

• Carl Walthall
    Carl Walthall Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Steve, Andy

The baud rate for the connection between the radio and SDA 100 was wrong.

Thank you for your reply.

Carl N8CDW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.