Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 supplied FHM-3 - doesn't appear to work on Maestro

Options
Jim 2E0FOA
Jim 2E0FOA Member
edited April 2020 in Maestro
Hi All, I recently received my new 6400 and it was shipped with a mic labelled FHM-3 and having a double connector, RCA and 3.5mm plugs attached.
Until now I've been using a modified Yaesu mic with great results, however I wanted to give the 'proper' Flex mic a try.

I connected the 3.5mm to Mic 2 and selected in the TX menu, but no success.
Obviously the Maestro doesn't have the RCA socket, so - is this mic compatible with Maestro?

Thanks 2E0FOA

Comments

• W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    You need a rj45 adapter 8 pin to rj45
  • Jim 2E0FOA
    Jim 2E0FOA Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    So RJ45 at the Maestro end I get - but what of the 8-pin? There is no 8 pin connection in this chain?
    Perhaps RJ45 - RJ45 using the FHM-3 Mic head, assuming compatible pinout...
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    Options
    When using the FHM3 with the Maestro, you will need this cable.  https://shop.flexradio.com/rj45-cable-for-the-fhm-2-and-fmh-1-microphones/
  • Jim 2E0FOA
    Jim 2E0FOA Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks Michael. Is it s straight through?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Jim

Actually, I do not know as I do not have one.  The one we have is $12 and is RF shielded.  I should mention that I don't work out of the office, so it isn't easy for me to check at the moment.

Mike
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Jim, The cable that goes into the mic has an RJ45 connector right at the mic.  Squeeze the boot right at the mic head and it will release.  The cable shown by Mike then plugs in to the mic (replacing the cable with the 3.5mm and phono plugs).

Len, KD0RC
  • Jim 2E0FOA
    Jim 2E0FOA Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks Michael and Len. Makes sense !

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.