Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro: M-MIC2 not selectable and no SSB transmit

Options
David
David Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Maestro
Frustrating, as I am no longer transmiting by selecting M-MIC2 on the Maestro.  R-MIC is highlighted and there is NO switching between the two.  The 6600 is locked in R-MIC and won't respond to the Maestro.  Previously, it did.  What am I doing wrong??  I can transmit CW, BTW.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 2020
    Options
    David

A screen shot of the Maestro would be helpful.  Also how does it work with SmartSDR, or have you been able to try it?

Did you try rebooting the radio and the Maestro?  Did it go away?

If, after all that it doesn't recover the situation, I would export your Profiles to a PC and then do a radio reset by turning off DC power to the radio, holding down the power button on the radio and then turning the DC power on until the button turns white.

See if it is working normally and then import your saved profiles and test again.

Mike

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    This happened to me once. Rebooting the Maestro fixed it. Haven't been able to replicate it since.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hey maybe that's the problem (you're in CW mode). Are you in SSB mode?
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thanks, guys.  I noted this issue last week too.  I wasn't sure how I corrected it, but the error disappeared.  It was probably when I reset the radio remotely using FRStack.  I noted, when this error happened yesterday, the Maestro had an active slice and the radio had an active slice too.  The 6600M was in LSB on 80m.  Here is how I corrected the fault.  I logged into the computer at the remote site and started SDR.  I had a choice to disconnect either the 6600M or the Maestro, so I disconnected the 6600M, not the Maestro.  I closed SDR.  Only the Maestro had an active slice then according to FRStack.  The Maestro then allowed me to change the MIC input and transmitted the audio.  I wonder if only those who coded for the Flex can understand or interpret this activity.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Make sure the Maestro and the 6600M are using different mic profiles with different names.  This can cause a conflict in multiFlex mode when using a MAestro and an M model radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.