Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no transmit on 40m after 160 m usage?

Mark Hunter
Mark Hunter Member
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello, I have noticed and unusual problem after I tune up and operate on 160 meters. If I go directly to 40 meters and try to tune up, there is no output when i hit the tune button. If I go to 20 meters and tune up first and then go back to 40 meters and then try to tune up, there is output. Anybody else see this? It is not a severe problem, just a minor bother and probably a software issue

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Have you tried this same test with a dummy load? It's always a good rule to run the same test under ideal conditions to see if this an RF anomaly.

• Mark Hunter
    Mark Hunter Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes i have, it will not produce rf going from 160 to 40 directly. I must go to another band first to transmit, then to 40.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I cannot replicate your issue on my Flex 6600M version 2.5.1. 
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Which radio and software are you running?
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I had that happen once. A reset of the radio fixed it.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    @Mark - how are you "going to 40m"?  Using the band buttons, direct frequency input or by using a profile?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    What happens if you move your frequency a little. Will it TX?

• Mark Hunter
    Mark Hunter Member
    edited March 2020
    Direct frequency input. 6700 w latest software
  • Mark Hunter
    Mark Hunter Member
    edited March 2020
    Never tried that
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Not sure what version you are running but Flex had a bug where you would lose TX when coming back to your other slice. Moving freq slightly and back fixed it.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 2020
    Trying doing a 'band change'.  Not by frequency entry.  

Said another way, go to 40M, not 7150.  (I know that sounds strange).

Mike

• Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2020
    @mark - what is happening is band persistence is causing this.  Direct frequency access bypasses some of the band persistence checking whereas using the band button enables full persistence.  This is done to handle certain use cases when using CAT to change the frequency of the radio
  • Mark Hunter
    Mark Hunter Member
    edited March 2020
    Not in my case Tim. Tried changing to 40 via band change and same issue. No output and swr shows off the scale. If i goto 20 first, then 40, no problems
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2020
    This means your band persistence database is inconsistent and it needs to be reset using this HelpDesk procedure: How to Reset the Persistence Database for a FLEX-6000
  • Mark Hunter
    Mark Hunter Member
    edited March 2020
    Hello Tim, thanks for your help....that was the fix I needed. You DO know your stuff, thats for sure....Thanks again, Mark Hunter
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2020
    You're very welcome, Mark.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.