Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transverter no power out unless on CW

Options
Beric Dunn
Beric Dunn Member
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
When using a transverter on the 6400 I am  getting no power output on the xvtr port unless I'm in CW mode.
These tests were verified using a spectrum analyser attached to the xvtr port, so I know it's the flex, not the transverter causing this.

When I'm transmitting on SSB, FM or AM I get no output on the xvtr port. This includes using the "tune" button also.
When I move to CW mode, both tune and MOX both give me the power out I would expect (3 dBm according to my setup).
In all cases, the TX RCA line is actually signalling to key up the transverter.

Also, I did try to just use the 10m band and select the xvta antenna. Again, CW works as expected, but the other modes give zero power out on the xvtr port.

Is this a know issue? Does the transverter only work on CW????

Software version is 3.1.8

-Beric

Comments

• VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    That is odd Beric. I have a 6400M with the Q5 signal hooked up and everything is fine. What model of transverter are you using not that it is the problem just curious. I just went thru all my settings and do not see anything that would inhibit those modes either. Will follow you on this one like to know the outcome. Gary
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited February 2020
    Options
    It is not a common problem. Did it work before?
    I would export your profiles, reset the radio, re-enter the transverter settings and test. 
    Mike
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Do you have a profile fest for zero power in those modes??
  • Beric Dunn
    Beric Dunn Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Gary, Thanks for the reply. It's the 2m one from Ukraine. I did take a look through settings, but didn't see anything obvious.
  • Beric Dunn
    Beric Dunn Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Mike, No, this is the first time I'm trying it. I will try the reset. -Beric

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.