Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to login to SmartLink due to Insecure Website Certificate

K1DLM
K1DLM Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in Maestro
I haven't used my Maestro since Field Day last June.  I just brought it up north with me this weekend to my new home so I could operate remotely.  I was able to login to my home Wi-Fi network, but when I try to sign-in to SmartLink, I get a browser error that "There is a problem with this website's security certificate".  It gives me an option to close the webpage or to click for more information.  There is no option to proceed despite the certificate error. 

I tried two troubleshooting steps.  First, I connected to my Verizon MyFi device instead of my home Wi-Fi.  This made no difference - same error.  I also tried upgrading the Maestro to v3.1.8, but that didn't address the problem either.  Any thoughts on how I can get past this error to login to SmartLink?

Dave
K1DLM

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 2020
    David

There was some updates to the login process sometime around August or September I think. I will have to update to the highest level on your version in order to proceed.

Unfortunately, you’ll have to be near the radio in order to do it. I’m a little fuzzy on that but I think that is the way it has to happen.

Mike
  • K1DLM
    K1DLM Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thanks, Michael.  I have a VPN between my two homes, but I believe the Maestro has to physically be on the same subnet / broadcast domain.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.