Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6300 fails to start up

Beric Dunn
Beric Dunn Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Flex-6300 fails to start up after re-routing power cable

Comments

• Beric Dunn
    Beric Dunn Member
    edited January 2020
    Further info:
    DUT was working fine - I rarely turn it off.
    I had to re-route the power cable, so I shut the unit down (waited until LED had gone off), re-connected power cable, then tried turning back on.
    DUT now has green light flashing for around 2 mins 25 seconds (current draw at this time is around 600 mA @13.8V)
    After this time, the LED starts flashing red and current drops to 0.00 A according to my DC power meter. It continues flashing red until I turn it off.
    This is very repeatable - even after the unit has been powered off and the cable removed overnight.

I have tried different power supply, different network cable etc.

On the off chance that REmote On had been enabled, I put a shorted RCA connector into that port, but that did not help.

I do note that the activity LED on my ethernet port shows no connection to the radio.

Glad I didn't sell my IC7300 yet....

-Beric K6BEZ
  • Beric Dunn
    Beric Dunn Member
    edited January 2020
    My fingers got away from me - the problem is with a Flex-6400, not a 6300.

Forgot to mention - I have tried holding the button down for several seconds during turn-on. LED goes solid white, then stays soldi for a while before red flashing starts.

There does not appear to be a pattern to the red flashing (other than on-off-on-off....), so it doesn't look like a documented error code.
  • My FLEX 6300 will not turn on. Just downloaded SmartSDR v3.5.8...seemed to go well. Also loaded it onto my Flex 6700. Later when I went back to my 6300 it will not turn on...as if there is no power to it. The same power cord works great into my 6700. Is there an internal fuse?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi Greg long time no talk, sounds like the SDCard may have failed on the 6300 or the Internal fuse gave up.

You can do a trouble ticket, and check under the cover the internal fuse.

If it's the SDCard, FLEX will send you a new one in just a couple days but you must do a trouble ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.