Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot reset my smartlink password

I forgot my password for smartlink and cannot reset it by no means, neither from laptop nor from maestro. I have the screen confirming a reset email have been sent to me, but nothing happens. I have tried my two different emails, checked the spam folders but no such an email has ever reached me...two hours ago it worked fine, i just logged out to connect to another station and now what..any clues please?

Answers

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I contacted Flex, they wanted my serial number to investigate, but radio too far away to finish process. Good luck
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 2020
    Sorry to ask the obvious question, but could it be a different email address you used?  If it is not the correct email address, then of course you don’t get the reset email.

Just a thought

Mike
  • Konstantinos Vardakis
    edited January 2020
    Not that easy...i have tried two different email addresses, typed very carefully...
  • Konstantinos Vardakis
    edited January 2020
    And now the account is blocked...
  • W0AMT
    W0AMT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I was also unable to reset my password. I solved it by creating a new account using a different email address.
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I submitted a password reset request a week ago, never got the notification email. (To be fair I was busy all week preparing for a Hamfest I chair and other activities). Do I need to simply abandon my previous email login and create a whole new smart link account using a different email address as W0AMT did? I'm reluctant to do that because I'll need to 'key' the radio, and it's 75 miles away, but if that's what it takes, so be it. Thanks, Ken, N2VIP image
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    So please be mindful of the type of SmartLink account you set up.  There are three different types of SmartLink accounts; email (also known as Auth0 accounts), Facebook and Google (the last two are known as social media accounts).  This is not three different ways to log in to SmartLink, but are three separate SmartLink accounts and cannot be used interchangeably.

If you set up a social media type account using Google or Facebook, you cannot reset your password with the password reset feature.  You must do that using your Google or Facebook login.

If you created a SmartLink account using a standard email (Auth0) account, then the password reset will work.  But only if you enter the same email address that you used to create the account.  If it is a different email address and there isn't a SmartLink account associated with it you will not receive a password reset email.

If you need help determining which type of SmartLink account you have, you can open a HelpDesk ticket, but we will need the serial number of the radio that is registered to your SmartLink account in order to validate the credentials.

Or, you can create a new SmartLink account using the email method (there is an issue with creating and logging in to SmartLink accounts that uses a social media login) and register your radio with that account.  This will automatically unregister your radio to any existing SmartLink accounts.
  • W0AMT
    W0AMT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Tim and Ken,

I don't use Facebook for external accounts and the Google login doesn't support 2FA so I created a SmartLink account using a standard email (Auth0) account.  I very carefully entered the email address and never received a password reset email from the system. I tried this several times before abandoning the effort and starting over with a different email address.

73, Jon
    W0AMT
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2020
    Check your junk email folder.
  • W0AMT
    W0AMT Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Tim,

Thanks for the quick responses.

It was not in the spam folder.

73, Jon
    W0AMT
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2020
    OK.  Generally, I have never run into an issue where this happens with a valid Auth0 account unless the mail client or some other Internet security process is deleting the email before it reaches the inbox or junk folder.  Since you started over with a new email address, I will not be able to gather any additional forensics on this.
  • Michael Wolff
    Michael Wolff Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    For what its worth, I have been plagued by this same issue for weeks. Attempts to reset the password again this afternoon (4/2/2020) have not resulted in the promised e-mail being received at my yahoo.com account. Of course, I checked both my inbox and spam folder for the reset message, and have yet to find it some 20 minutes after I requested the reset (twice now). Is there anything I can provide you that might help understand what is going on here?

Thanks and 73,

Mike - KG4Y
  • Michael Wolff
    Michael Wolff Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    One more tid-bit I'd like to add:

I went to the 0auth.com web site, and put in my e-mail address, and it recognized me by my call sign (kg4y). I attempted a few passwords there, and then clicked on their link for forgotten passwords. I'm also still waiting for an e-mail from them, so there may be a problem on the 0Auth end of this as well.

Mike - KG4Y
  • Michael Wolff
    Michael Wolff Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Sorry - Auth0 - I've apparently gone dyslexic.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.