Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 6400 transverter

Answers

• Chris
    Chris Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi Lou, I did my order and will post my experiences. 73 Chris
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I NEVER purchase anything again from Russia! They have a tendency to make the outside look excellence, but when you open it up,, well OMG!! I purchased a Very Attractive SDR receiver once. It looked far better then anything I saw available based on the cabinet and available ports for antennas.

When I got it it appeared to work but overall performance seems way BELOW expectations! So I decided to Open It Up!! What I saw was nothing more then a $15.00 Dongle hard wired in, and from their it went down hill... Sort of opening the hood on a Ferrari only to see a 4 cylinder engine under the hood!! 

This left me a bad taste in my mouth!! Lots of interesting items for sale from Russia, but I will pass ,, 

The person I got the SDR from several years back still sells on eBay, I sent an email asking if I could get a PICTURE of the inside PC board and he never responded after several request.. Gee, I wonder why?? For now I will stick with CHINA stuff, nothing to brag about, but at least they know how to Solder components onto a board..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-RF-spectrum-analyzer-Arinst-SSA-R2-Signal-Hunter-35-MHz-6200-MHz/233415128991?hash=item3658a0379f:g:WhgAAOSw8Sdd3Nne

• Ken Nicely
    Ken Nicely Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Is it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoBlKqh9foc

I ran across this review on youtube a week or so ago.

• Chris
    Chris Member
    edited January 2020
    I don‘t think because the layout of the PCB differs. Shipping will need 2 weeks I expect, then I can tell more ;-)
  • IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hope you get it soon to let me know. The kit is well done with to low price.
  • Chris
    Chris Member
    edited January 2020
    Sorry, used the wrong answer field down. Will post my experience for sure

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Well then, it's a good thing the board doesn't come from Russia. 
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Robert, your experience has nothing to do with the transverter in question, or any transverter for that matter. Serge from transverters-store.com sells a decent transverter.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It looks from the video that they have not insulated where they soldered onto the front LED's?? Looks the same throughout... Possible Short waiting to happen!
  • DM5HF
    DM5HF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    After waiting 2 weeks I received my transporter which Lou found at Ebay. There was no trouble with the customs and the board was well packed. 

I started with this boards a couple of years before and I think there was made a good development. The board is plug and play. It receives very good and emits up to 12 watts. I only use 1 till 3 watts because with higher output the frequency drift is reasonable. Thats the only issue, maybe there is a chance to modify the board with a 116 MHz TCXO.

Pictures I will post on my Blog today because I cannot upload any pic here...internal server error...

73 Chris
  • DM5HF
    DM5HF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Here are the pictures: 

https://dm5hf-chris.blogspot.com

73 Chris
  • IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    hi Chris any news? does it arrived
    lou
  • Chris
    Chris Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi Lou, yes, please see above http://dm5hf-chris.blogspot.com/?m=1 I‘m very happy with it! 73 Chris
  • IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Great news. I make the order. Tnx Flex radio nothing else
  • Chris
    Chris Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi Lou, will be interested in your experience. 

73 Chris

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭

Chris - I noted on your blog that you were considering adding a TXCO to your transverter - the Ukrainians must be listening! The Transverters-Store now offers transverters with TXCO and added filtering for spurious emissions.

144/28 MHz TCXO SERIES ASSEMBLED IN BOX TRANSVERTER WITHOUT ATTENUATOR BOARD (transverters-store.com)

• DM5HF
    DM5HF Member ✭✭

Hi Ken,

really cool thank you for information. Seems to be a big step in the right way. Yes I was in chat with the developers and we discussed some improvements.

73 Chris

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I have had two of those. Neither worked. I don’t know why. The first was a kit that I built. I thought I had done something wrong. So it’s on it’s way back to the Ukraine. I bought another that they built. Same result. Serge is a very good guy. He is taking it all back. It has taken three times to get the first one through US customs. The post office in Fithian never sends international shipments. The post mistress now knows how it is done.

73, Ed KA9EES

• Is There a 70 CM transverter that will work with a 6400 all I have found is 2 meter stuff need 70 CM with a 4 watt minimum output.. Please post here and or on my email good on QRZ W2NDB Thanks in advance Mike Lynch
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.