Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Two DAXs on the one computer

ldudicz
ldudicz Member
Dear Flex community members,
I have idea to use two flex radios, one in the shack second one on the remote station reach via smartlink. Does it possible to use two flex radios (local and remote) at the same time?
For example:
RTTY N1MM with TX/RX on the local flex plus additional RX on the remote flex
Does it possible to run DAX with parameter looks like local or smartlink?
I want to be have local flex as Flex RX1 and remote as Flex RX5 at the same time
Merry Christmas
Leon SP5DL

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited December 2019
    Hi Leon

Sorry, you can't run 2 different copies of DAX on the same computer.

Mike

• ldudicz
    ldudicz Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi Michael,
    Fast response but not as expected :-)
    Flex power is in the software and flexibility I hope that next version of DAX will implement this functionality.
    It is my personal Christmas wishes :-)
    Enjoy in the hobby
    Leon SP5DL
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    One way of doing it, is by running a  virtual computer in windows. This effectively makes you one physical computer into two computers. This will allow two instances of cat/dax and even ssdr to run on one physical computer

see
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3702

Paul K3SF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.