Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Internet requirements for remote ?

Options
Andreas Angold
Andreas Angold Member
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I want to buy a 6400 and a Maestro console. The whole thing should work via remote.

My question is, how high must the minimum requirements for the data line DSL Internet

for down and upload be to have a liquid operation?

Many thanks and 73 de Andreas

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Andreas

At minimum, you should have 1.5/sec up and 2mb/sec down.

Your upspeed bandwidth is much more important as you are now sending a lot of data away from your home qth.  

Please try not to use any WiFi unless you need to since WiFi is severely impacted both other users, both on your network and even your neighbours who are not on your network.  It is like an old phone party line.

I hope that helps, Mike va3mw

• Andreas Angold
    Andreas Angold Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hello Mike, thank you for the info.

This is a good info for orientation.

I wish you a nice weekend ! 73 Andreas TNX!

• N2WQ
    N2WQ Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    What are the jitter requirements?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Rudy

We don't publish and Jitter requirements, however, in order to be useful, it would be the same as for any VoIP phone call.  Less than 150ms would be preferred.

Mike

• N2WQ
    N2WQ Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Thanks, Mike. Makes sense.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.