Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X Multi Band Operation

Dan KG0AQ
Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
My last post ended up unsolved and went in a slightly different direction as it may just be an operational issue inherent to multi band use.  I just want to confirm the following operation before troubleshooting further.I am using JTAlert with WSJT-X. I have also turned off all 3rd party programs.

If you have the "Call 1st" box unchecked and the "double click on call sets Tx enable" unchecked in WSJT-X then you double click on a call does your transmit flag in SmartSDR move to the correct band/window with multiple instances of WSJT-X open? I just want the TX to be ready in case I want to work the station.  I thought this was my previous behavior but I could be wrong? If I click on the Enable TX button in WSJT-X the transmit flag DOES move to the correct band.  But the obvious problem with this is timing for band and antenna switching/tuning. On 20-6 meters this is not a problem because of my hexbeam. It is an issue on 30-160 though. I use a 6400 with a Palstar AT-Auto and CX-Auto for antenna switching.  TIA!  73

Dan KG0AQ

Answers

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    The Call 1st check box has no bearing on this. If you have your different instances setup properly, when you TX WSJT will use the proper slice to TX (and the TX follows). I am running 3 instances right now and it seamlessly follows to the proper Slice.

And I have a KPA500 and KAT500 connected via the USB ports and they too will follow to the proper band/antenna.
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes, I stated "If I click on the Enable TX button in WSJT-X the transmit flag DOES move to the correct band." But I want to know if the transmit flag will follow when double clicking to receive only.
    NO transmit until I select the "Enable transmit" button manually.
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    When TX is set by WSJT then the appropriate Slice will go into TX. If the TX command is not sent to the Flex then it has no idea which slice to TX on. Just trying to help out but am getting confused by your statements.
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I never use the automated transmit features of WSJT-X. Only during the actual QSO. I like to receive the station and find a open frequency to transmit then i press the TX enable button. I thought I once had the transmit flag in place BEFORE I pushed the TX button in previous versions of WSJT-X.. I guess this is NOT the way the program and radio work together?  It would be nice for me to have the TX flag set in the correct window before I hit the transmit enable button. Thanks for clarification of your system.  73

Dan KG0AQ
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I also keep the TX Enable button off until I find a station I want to work.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.